Full Mouth Rehabilitation West End
Some people may have dental problems that are so numerous and insidious that a single treatment such as root canal therapy or crowns may not be sufficient. There are also some who may be born with conditions such as Dentinogenisis Imperfecta or Ectodermal Dysplasia who need extensive teeth restoration. Both groups are prime candidates for a full mouth rehabilitation.
Full mouth rehabilitation is restorative dentistry at its finest. It is a combination of aesthetics and advanced dental procedures that treat multiple problems such as teeth decay, cracked or missing teeth, teeth with large fillings etc. During a full mouth reconstruction, all of the teeth in the patient’s mouth are replaced.
What does full mouth rehabilitation involve?
Full mouth restoration typically involves restorative procedures such as bridges, crowns, and implants, periodontic treatment, orthodontics, and endodontics.
You need full mouth reconstruction in the following cases:
- All or most of your teeth have been lost due to trauma or decay
- Your teeth are severely fractured or injured
- You have persistent complaints about jaw or muscle pain and headaches, and need bite adjustment
- Your teeth have become severely worn out due to bruxism, or acid-erosion due to consumption of certain food/beverages or acid reflux
Full mouth reconstruction is a serious and elaborate undertaking, so it is not unusual for the process to take up to 1 year or more to complete, depending on your specific requirements. You may need to undergo some or all of the following procedures:
- Teeth cleaning
- Periodontal treatment
- Crown lengthening to expose healthy tooth structure
- Surgery to reposition the jaw
- Gum tissue contouring
- Preparation of tooth structure for proper placement of bridges and veneers
- Bone or tissue grafting to strengthen teeth
- Dental implants
- Anchor bridge restorations
Do not get overwhelmed because of the long list; our dentists are going to be with you every step of the way. Our treatment philosophy puts the comfort and ease of the patient at the forefront. We make sure that each and every interaction that you have with us is pleasant and comfortable.
<< Back to Services