Dental Implants West End
Dental implantation is a dental restoration procedure – a permanent solution for missing teeth. An implant is a cylindrical post made of titanium, which serves as a substitute for the root of the tooth.
When you seek the services of an experienced dentist, dental implants can be an excellent solution for loss of teeth due to injury or illness. The implant is placed in the jawbone and left to heal. The titanium fuses with the natural bone structure and becomes a permanent and sturdy foundation for a crown or a bridge. Implants are as close as you can get to natural teeth. It will bring back your confidence and you can eat, laugh, talk, and go about your life without worrying about whether the tooth is going to come loose.
Advantages of dental implants
- Implants look exactly like natural teeth, so they boost confidence
- They function exactly like natural teeth, and restore the natural contours of the face, mouth, and smile
- You won’t develop cavities in an implant
- Implants will never slip off your mouth while you speak or eat, like dentures might
- Permanent solution for missing teeth
Dental implantation is a serious procedure, and it is important to get it done only by the most qualified and experienced dentist you can find. At le tooth, we have a team of highly experienced dentists who have performed hundreds of implant procedures. Come in for an appointment and we will be able to answer all your queries and concerns.
Dental implant options
If you decide to go in for a dental implant, there are a couple of options that are available. It is best to consider the recommendation of your dentist in this matter.
- Endosteal implants which are placed in the jawbone. They are the most common, and are shaped like small cylinders or screws
- Subperiosteal implants which are placed under the gum, but on the jawbone. This is typically done when the patient’s jawbone is too shallow or they don’t want to undergo the surgery that is required for endosetal implantation.
Prerequisites for implants
You need to meet the following requirements to be considered for implants:
- You must be healthy enough to go through the procedure
- You must have healthy gum tissue and adequate bone support
- You must be free of gum diseases
- If you are a heavy smoker, or have some major illness, your case will need to be specially evaluated before the procedure can be recommended
It’s easy to care for your implants. Just brush and floss regularly. Come in for dental visits to clean your teeth and keep plaque off. Avoid drinking or smoking in excess.
<< Back to Services