Le Tooths Quick Tips
- Always wait half an hour before brushing your teeth after eating or drinking.
This allows any acid in your mouth to neutralise, preventing damage to your enamel
- Brushing twice a day. If you only are going to brush once, make sure it is before bed
Your salivary glands virtually shut down over night, saliva helps wash away food and debris away. This doesn’t happen at night. Would you go to bed with food stuck in-between your fingers & toes?
- Clean interdentally once a day
Your toothbrush does not clean in between your teeth. Preferably before bed, use floss or interdental brushes to remove plaque and food.
- First drink of the day…make it water
Hydration…we all love a caffeine hit first thing, but hydrate your mouth with a glass of water first.
The Secret To A Fresh breath
- Regular exam & professional clean & polish – cavities and calculus are a contributor to bad breath.
- H20 – the good stuff keep your mouth & body hydrated
- Avoid tea coffee sugary drinks.
- Brush your tongue, bacteria sit on your tongue, make sure you brush it, or use a tongue scraper to remove any build up each day.
- Chew fresh mint, parsley for sugar free gum
- Floss – everyday.
- Avoid stinking cigarettes
Categorised in: Blog, Dental Quick Tips
This post was written by Letooth